Art Gallery of Bosnia and Herzegovina, established in 1946, elaborate and conserve over 6000 works of modern and contemporary art, representing, from the standpoint of visual art, the oldest and the most important museum institution in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Collections of the Gallery
- Art of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Art of Yugoslavia
- International Collection of Donations
- Ferdinand Hodler
- Archive Nada, and
- Collection of photographs and new media
April – November, Tuesday to Saturday: 12h00 – 20h00
November – April, Tuesday to Saturday: 10h00 – 18h00
Sundays and Mondays, and for the holidays, 1 January, 1 March, 1 May and 25 November.
Entrance is free!
To ask for a guided tour, thank you for contacting us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +387 33 266 551.
Informations for visitors
In the Gallery it is forbidden to:
- Photograph or film without having acquired the approval from it in anticipation,
- Introduce backpacks and spacious bags (the dimension of which is superior to size 40×40 cm). The visitors are kindly asked to deposit backpacks or bags in the cloakroom near the entrance.
- Food or drink consummation inside the exhibition halls,
- Smoking inside the exhibition halls.
The persons in a wheelchair are able to visit only the exhibition hall for on the ground floor.
How to find us
Street Zelenih Beretki 8, Sarajevo
From Ilidža or From the Railway station of Sarajevo, go down to the station Drvenija
By trolley bus
From Dobrinja, Otoka, Pionirska dolina, go down to the station Drvenija
Venand de Bare, Breka, Podhrastovi, Koševsko brdo, take down to the station Dom Armije
A public parking is available in front of the Gallery